Loew's Columbia Theatre
1112 F Street NW,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Loew's Inc.
Previous Names: Columbia Theatre
The Columbia Theatre was built in 1891, located on F Street NW near 11th Street. It had 971 seats and was designed by architect William S. Plager. It was remodelled in 1896 to the plans of architect Appleton P. Clark, Jr., now with 1,174 seats, it reopened November 9, 1896 with the opera “Il Trovatore”.
It was taken over by Marcus Loew in 1915 (his first venture outside New York) and presented vaudeville and movies. It was equipped with a Moller 2 manual 7 ranks organ in 1916, and this was replaced by a Moller 3 manual 15 ranks organ in 1923. It later became a movie theatre and was known as Loew’s Columbia Theatre.
In 1959, the theatre closed and was razed in September 1959. The Arnold-Porter Building is on the site today.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.