Loew's Crescent Theatre
415 Church Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Previous Names: Princess Theatre, Crescent Theatre, Crescent Cinerama Theatre
News About This Theater
- Nov 18, 2009 — Happy 50th, "Ben-Hur"
Opened in 1919 as the Princess Theatre at 611 Church Street, when the seating capacity was 1,602. It was forced to move when Cain-Sloan took over the property.
The theatre moved to 415 Church Street in 1949. Crescent Theatres upgraded and remodeled it in 1959 and it had a seating capacity of 830. At this time the theatre got a 45 foot screen and six track stereo sound and a new name, it became the Crescent Theatre.
When the Loew’s Vendome burned down in 1967 the Loew’s took over the Crescent Theatre giving it another new name, the Loew’s Crescent Theatre. In 1981 it was taken over by Martin Theatres and they closed it in 1982. The theatre was torn down in 1994 and replaced by a parking lot.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.