17231 Old 66 Boulevard,
10 people favorited this theater
66 Drive-In, Carthage (Official)
Previously operated by: Dickinson Theatres
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Originally opened in the early days of American post war drive-in boom on September 22, 1949. The 66 Drive-In had parking for 400 cars and a seating area for 18 walk-in patrons. It went dark in 1985 as eventually most drive-ins did after the boom had gone bust.
The story of the 66 Drive-In didn’t end in darkness though. In one of the most ambitious efforts of the dozens that have succeeded in resurrecting abandoned drive-ins, the old 66 Drive-In was brought back from brink and reopened in April 1998.
Now it is open seasonally and the big screen shows double features with the audio provided by local FM radio broadcast. Admission is $5.00 for 13 and up. Children 12 and under are a $1.00. No charge for a child if they are in a car set.
It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.