Stadium 8 Drive-In
1501 W. Katella Avenue,
4 people favorited this theater
Previous Names: Stadium Drive-In's 1-2-3-4
When the Stadium Drive-In 1-2-3-4, Orange County’s last-built drive-in, opened on May 27, 1970 it was billed as “The only four-screen drive-in in the entire West”. The circular snack bar, with a centralized projection booth on top, projected to all four screens.
During the 1980’s Syufy Enterprises (now Century Theatres) would add four more screens to the venue changing its already 2,600-car capacity to an indeterminate number.
For its last night of operation on September 12, 1996 admission was reduced to 1970 prices of $2.25 per person for a feast of 1970’s films such as “The Exorcist” and “Saturday Night Fever”, along with two from its opening night, “MASH” and “Easy Rider”.
Its closing left Orange County which once had drive-ins at 11 locations with only one ozoner, the Highway 39 Drive-In, which would later close in March of 1997.
Century Theatres was quick to rebuild, because in November of 1997 they opened a 25-screen indoor stadium on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.