1206 Fisher Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Live Theatre
According to the Goldthwaite Eagle newspaper, rock work was completed on J.V. Cockrum’s new theatre in November 1916. By January 1917, the Dixie Theatre was open for business. At the east corner of Fisher Street and Third Street, the movie theatre hosts high school graduations, baccalaureates, high school plays, and recitals. Even the roof was used as a for local teens to dance. By June 1923, O.R. Jackson purchased the Dixie Theatre from Foster Brim. The movie theatre would change quite a few times in its lifetime with the following owners - O.R. Jackson, E.B. Buffington, Jack Crump, and C.A. Crump before Will Pence purchased the Dixie Theatre in February of 1928. In May of 1928, Will Pence decided to move the theatre from its location at 1206 Fisher Street to the Harris Store building which was located at 1012 Fourth Street.
By June 1929, Will Pence changed the name of the Dixie Theatre to Melba Theatre.
Currently, the Dixie Theatre building is being restored and has live theatre in the building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.