232 5th Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Airdome appears on the 1913 Sanborn, on the SW corner of 5th Street and Washington Street. It replaced two wooden storefronts previously on the lot.
The stage and screen were on the north side, and the projection booth was in a small hut on top of a buggy shed at the south end of the lot. It was operated by Mr B.F. Shafer.
The business was moved to the K of P Building and it became the 230-seat Lyric Theatre. Mr Shafer closed the Lyric Theatre in 1940 when he converted the former Rose Opera House and opened the Shafer Theatre (which has its own page on Cinema Treasures).
The Airdome was demolished long ago, and the corner is currently occupied by an old gas station which has been incorporated into a neighboring hardware store. The address is a guess, since there are no addresses on the map.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.