513 Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The 1909 Sanborn shows an ‘Electric Theatre’ operating in one storefront of a two-story brick commercial block on the courthouse square. This theater was a smaller neighbor to the operation at what is now 511 Main Street.
The building was constructed sometime between 1892 and 1898, when the map shows this space as a bank. As originally constructed, this space was the western end of the building, and was slightly less deep than the rest of the building, but the 1909 map shows a small wooden addition at the rear extending it to match the rest, along with an addition completing the block. The Nickelo Theatre was still operating in 1915 when it had an address given as Public Square.
The 1926 and 1958 maps are unavailable online, but it is doubtful that this was a long-running establishment. The space is now used for retail.
To note, this may have originally been number 23 on the courthouse square, but it’s not entirely certain whether the numbers on the maps are lot numbers or addresses. The west half all the way around now have odd numbers on Main Street.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.