Praca de Batalha,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Artur Andrade
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Cinema High Life
Located on the Praca de Batalha and Rua de Santo IIdefonso. The Cinema High Life was opened on 29th February 1908. By November 1928 it had been re-named Cinema Batalha. It was demolished and a new Cinema Batalha was built and opened on 3rd June 1947. Seating was provided for 346 in the orchestra, 222 in the mezzanine and 382 in the balcony. A corner of the façade has a raised marble bas-relief panel by artist Americo Braga. In 1974 a small 135-seat auditorium was created in the basement, which closed in 2003 and converted into a café. The main original cinema auditorium had closed in August 2000, but it was renovated and re-opened in May 2006. It was Heritage Listed in July 2008, and was closed 31st December 2010. It was undergoing renovation in November 2020.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.