244 Broad Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Geneva Stage (Official)
Firms: Graven & Mayger
Functions: Live Music Venue
Styles: Renaissance Revival
Previous Names: Geneva Theatre, Geneva 1 & 2, Geneva 4 Theatre
The Geneva Theatre opened June 6, 1928 with William Haines in “Telling the World”. Originally a single-screen, 705-seat theatre. It was equipped with a Barton 2 manual 5 ranks organ which was opened by resident organist Buddy Noll & guest organist Jack Hertell. It was twinned in 1975 and was converted into a 4-screen theatre in spring of 1988. It is located in the heart of historic downtown Lake Geneva.
In 2001, the Geneva 4 Theatre was part of the Nova Cinemas chain, which renovated and updated the theatre upon taking it over and screened first-run features.
It was closed in Summer 2008 for renovations and re-opened under a new dynamic management team. There are three theatres on the main floor original orchestra level, one is equipped for plays and concerts, another is for live performances such as ‘open mic’ comedy, small live theatre productions and movies and the third is for movies only. The screen in the former balcony is also used for movies only. As of November 4, 2010, there were no listings available for the Geneva 4 Theatre and it was closed.
In April 2016 it was taken over by a new operator, Shad Branen, a Burlington WI businessman who also own the Burlington Plaza Theatre. It underwent $2Million renovations and reopened March 4, 2017. Seating in the 4-screens of the Geneva Theatre has been reduced to 485. The largest screen has a retractable screen allowing for live productions in addition to its cinema offerings. On May 6, 2020 it had reverted back to a single auditorium and renamed Geneva Stage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.