New Chapel Street, Mill Hill,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Marks Circuit Cinemas
Located at the corner of New Chapel Street and Queen’s Terrace in the Mill Hill district of Blackburn. The Palladium Cinema was built and opened in 1920. It had a brick and stone facade and projection box, and also the screen end was built similar. The auditorium however was a wooden structure, similar to an army hut.
It was taken over by the Marks Circuit Cinemas Ltd. of Manchester in the mid-1930’s. In the early-1950’s an independent operator took over and it was closed in June 1952 with "Operation Pacific". The old auditorium was dismantled and a new one built a few feet wider than the old one. The cinema re-opened in August 1952, and now had a 20 feet wide proscenium.
The Palladium Cinema was closed in May 1962, and was converted into a Spar supermarket, which remains open in 2015.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.