600 F Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Wilson Theatre (Official)
Previously operated by: Harris-Voeller Theaters Inc.
Architects: John Visser
Firms: Myers Anderson Architects
The Wilson Theatre was opened August 25, 1920, and from February 8, 1925 it was part of the Harris-Voeller Theaters chain. The Rupert City Council approved the purchase of the Wilson Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places, in December of 1999.
It was estimated that it would cost $2.5 million to complete its restoration into a cultural arts center by November of 2005.
In September of 2001, a 1955 graduate of Rupert High School presented a check for $100,000 to the Wilson Theatre Renaissance Art Center which is guiding the project. Other grants have also been applied for.
In January of 2002, the original scenic stage backdrop was found in the rafters in good condition. This backdrop will also be restored. Renovation and restoration work was carried out by architectural firm Myers Anderson Architects.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.