17-19 Commercial Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Kino Cinemas (Official)
Previously operated by: J.B. Milne Theatres
Firms: Roden & Anderson
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Regent Cinema
The Regent Cinema opened in 1922 and was operated by the local independent Fifeshire Cinema Company. Designed by the architectural firm Roden & Anderson, the exterior has a Classical ‘church-like’ style, but the interior is decorated in an Art Deco style. Seating was provided for 1,000 in stalls and circle levels. The proscenium was 30 feet wide.
It is listed as open in 1966, and was soon taken over by the J.B. Milne Theatres chain. They closed it and and they reopened it as an All Square Bingo Club. By 1990 it was operating as the Kingsway Bingo Club. Later it was operated as a Gala Bingo Club. which closed around 2011. A community group took over the building and it re-opened as a cinema, but they ran into financial difficulties, and it closed in April 2013.
In September 2014, the owner of the Kino Cinema, Glenrothes was interested in reopening the Regent Cinema and it re-opened as the Kino Cinema in early-2015. Seating is now provided for 210 in the circle and 40 on 20 sofas in the stalls.
On 28th September 1999, Historic Scotland designated the Regent Cinema a Grade C(s) Listed building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.