57 E. Main Street,
8 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Schine Circuit Inc.
Architects: John Adolph Emil Eberson
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Schine Theatre, New Norwalk Theatre, Town & Country Theatre
News About This Theater
- Apr 28, 2011 — Norwalk Theatre, Norwalk OH
- Jul 23, 2010 — Norwalk Theatre History on DVD
- May 11, 2010 — Norwalk Main Street Theatre for sale - Schine Theatre
- Oct 30, 2009 — Halloween Zombie Walk and Movie "Night of the Living Dead" at Norwalk Main Street Theatre
- Aug 27, 2009 — Norwalk Theatre for sale
- Feb 28, 2009 — Rummage sale at Norwalk Main Street Theatre
- Feb 5, 2009 — Rummage sale at historic Norwalk Theatre
- Dec 19, 2008 — Historic theatre for sale
- Nov 25, 2008 — Norwalk Theatre "Rummage" Sale/January, 2009
- May 15, 2008 — Theatre needs a director
- May 14, 2008 — Ben Stein's Expelled to show at Norwalk Theatre
- Apr 17, 2008 — Norwalk Main Street Theatre Looking For New Owner
- Feb 29, 2008 — Norwalk Theatre success
- Sep 18, 2007 — Historic Norwalk Theatre For Sale
- Jan 26, 2007 — Purchase a bulb on our marquee
- Apr 17, 2006 — Live your dream - Own a theater!
The Norwalk Theatre was built in 1941 for the Schine Theatres chain. It contains a balcony seating 224 and there are 700 seats in the orchestra. There is a theatre organ on a lift, and an orchestra pit. It also has a stage set-up for shows. The theater has all of its original art and fixtures intact and working. The theater has been constructed in a Greek-Deco style and it has the largest marquee in Ohio. The theater showed movies as well as live shows and concerts. It was closed in late-2011.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.