236 Washington Street,
4 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Comerford Theaters Inc.
Architects: Herbert R. Brewster
Previous Names: Binghamton Theatre, Capri Theatre
News About This Theater
- Mar 2, 2010 — Happy 45th, "The Sound Of Music"
Originally opened, April 22, 1920 for vaudeville and movies as the Binghamton Theatre (retaining that name into the 1950’s). It was closed in 1932 and reopened October 27, 1946. It had a seating capacity of 1,804 given in the Film Daily Yearbook, 1941 edition. It became the Capri Theatre on June 9, 1960.
In summer 1975 it was announced that the Capri Theatre was being considered as the future home for the Broome County Performing Arts Center. Also announced at the same time was that a large Robert-Morton theatre pipe organ was being installed in the theatre by local organ enthusiasts.
Now known as the Forum Theatre, it is home to the Binghamton Philharmonic Orchestra’s Pops Series, Tri-Cities Opera, Broadway Theatre League and various dance groups.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.