118 W. Santa Fe Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Functions: Movies (First Run)
The West Theatre is the last of the three theatres in operation in Grants. The West Theatre was originally to be named El Sol Theatre and four walls were built by owner C.E. Means. It was taken over by J.C. West who completed the theatre named it after himelf. It opened in April 1959 as a single screen theatre and was later converted to a twin. The balcony was converted to the second screen.
It is located on W. Santa Fe Avenue (Old Route 66) at 1st Street. The theatre is a two story building with the top portion painted an off white and the lower section at street level painted a burnt orange. It has a small V shaped marquee with a vertical spelling out “West” and a large flashing star on the top.
The West Theatre plays first run attraction in both auditoriums.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.