116 S. Main Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Temple Theatre (Official)
Styles: Art Deco
As part of the restoration of the Temple Theatre, the old movie palace has begun the slow reconstruction of its original Wurlitzer 3 manual organ. Opened with the theatre in July 1922, the organ played along with the theatre’s silent films and continued to be used in the old theatre until 1938 when it was sold to the Coon Valley Lutheran Church.
When the restoration of the theatre began in 1994, members of the Associates to Restore the Temple Theatre retrieved the organ and brought it back to the Temple Theatre. Organ enthusiasts began to restore the organ earlier this year, taking it apart in anticipation of repairing and restoring the classic piece. The group are also members of the La Crosse Scenic Bluffs Chapter of the American Theater Organ Society.
The theatre today is now open presenting live performances and from April 2018 a digital projector and a screen have been installed to show Classic Movies.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.