510 Lake Ave,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Pioneer Theater Corp.
Architects: Jack J. Liebenberg
Firms: Liebenberg and Kaplan
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Princess, Tracy's Theater
The 600-seat Princess Theater was constructed in 1913 for Henry ‘Heine’ Dlugosch. It was a simple two-story brick storefront, with a rather elaborate entry featuring an arch studded with small light bulbs.
The theater operated until late-1917, when wartime problems led the theater to shutter. It was used for a short time to store furniture, and Mike Tracy opened a candy store there in 1922.
Tracy reopened the theater in November 1925, and in 1934 he renamed it Tracy’s Theater. This closed in 1943. In 1948, it was briefly reopened as the Campus Theater, but that closed in 1952.
The building had a grotesque fake Alpine storefront, but this has now been replaced by some rather drab siding, and a candy store is once again operating here.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.