Abeno Apollo Cinema
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Apollo CInema 8, Apollo Cinema 8 + 1
Right after the old Apollo Theatre (which had a lot of previous names; 1950-1970) was demolished, the building began reconstruction which lasted for two years.
Starting life as a twin, the Abeno Apollo Cinema opened its doors in July 1972 under the auditorium names “Apollo Green” and “Apollo Rose”.
Six more screens were added in December 1998, renaming it the “Apollo Cinema 8”. A short time later, the Abeno Masterpiece Theater (opened in 1968) became an adjacent to the eight-screen theater, and was renamed “Apollo Cinema 8 + 1”. Its largest screen is the 300-seat Screen 1. All screens have two wheelchairs except Screen 9 where it had only one wheelchair.
In 2007, the theater closed for a time as part of the Abeno redevelopment project. It was reopened a short time later but without the one additional 41-seat ninth-screen. Three years later on July 10, 2010, “Toy Story 3” became the first film to show at the Apollo Cinema with installations of 3-D equipment.
The “Apollo Cinema 8 + 1” name was renamed back to the “Abeno Apollo Cinema” on July 25, 2013.
On March 9, 2017, the ninth-screen reopened for the first time since the redevelopment project in 2007.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.