458 Connecticut Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Young Amusement Co.
Gary real estate developer V.U. Young opened the Majestic Theatre in March 1909. It was the first of many theatres that Young would own and or operate over the next 39 years. The Majestic Theatre was carved out of a 60-ft x 125-ft building on Connecticut Street north of Fifth Avenue, a somewhat obscure location as it was two blocks east of the city’s main street. The structure appears in the 1908 Sanborn as the Casino Roller Skating Rink. The 1911 Sanborn shows it as the Majestic Theatre with 800 seats, a stage, and shallow side balconies. Within a few years of its opening Young would team with long-time business partner C.J. Wolf to build and or operate better theatere on or near Broadway so the Majestic Theatre had a relatively short life. By 1915 the building was once again a skating rink. It is now a parking lot.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.