311 N. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Robert O. Boller
Previous Names: Opera House, Royal Theatre
The Opera House had a soft opening on December 11, 1915 with Anita Stewart in “The Juggernaught”. It was renamed Royal Theatre on July 10, 1919. Following the installation of a Western Electric sound system on December 13, 1929 it reopened as the Ritz Theatre.
The Ritz Theatre is a typical small town theatre seating 622. It has always been a family run theatre. A rather plain red brick front with a small marquee. The box office is located to the side of the front entrance doors. A small simple lobby with three small glass and wrought iron light fixtures illuminating the lobby. The Ritz has been remodeled twice (1952 & 1986) with new seats installed in the last remodel.
A fabricated material lines the three auditorium walls and it has a small stage. There is a large flat scone like light fixture that runs along the center of the ceiling with different color lights. The brighter ones are dimmed when the feature starts. It had curtains on a traverse that were opened and closed before and after each show.
The Ritz Theatre is a very well maintained and preserved small town theatre. Sadly, it was closed in the early-2000’s and has been converted into church use.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.