134 3rd Avenue S,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Paramount Theatre
There was an earlier 600-seat Paramount Theatre in Okanogan which opened in June 1918 and closed when this theatre opened in 1923 (it has its own page on Cinema Treasures). Located in the Masonic Temple Building on the northeast corner of 3rd Avenue S and Queen Street. The Masonic Temple was opened in 1923. The Paramount Theatre was located on the ground floor of the building and opened within months after the building opened. The Masons were upstairs and there was a ballroom in the basement. A fire in the projection room closed the theatre in 1934.
Repairs were carried out and it reopened in 1936 as the Avalon Theatre, operated by the L.A. Gillespie chain. It was closed in 1957.
The building was little used after that and the Masons had moved on to another location. The former theatre space eventually became a pizza restaurant in 1978. In recent years the building has been little used and it had been demolished by 2022.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.