E. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: New Princess Theatre
Lee Stroud moved his theatre from Weathford less than ten miles to Hyrdo opening as the Princess Theatre in February of 1915. A local newspaper called Hydro “as live a town for its size as there is in Okla”. The 250-seat Princess Theatre played movies in its run. It had two refreshes in 1917 and 1919 going briefly by the name the New Princess Theatre.
In 1925, gas station owner E.M. Wilson announced a new Princess Theatre to be built next door to the station. As the building was finished, the New Princess Barber Shop launched in the space. And the first film was announced as “The Heritage of the Desert” on October 31, 1925. But at the last minute, the name of the new theatre was changed to the Wilson Theatre. Wilson closed the “old” Princess Theatre after its final showtimes on October 24, 1925. It was quickly retrofitted for a windmill and plumbing service store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.