No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Picture Palace
In Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire, the Picture Palace is thought to have opened in 1913. By 1915 (if not from the outset) H.J. Scard was the proprietor.
By 1923, according to the Kinematograph Year Book, it was being operated by Picture Palace Co., and the resident manager was H. Richardson. There were two shows nightly, with a matinee on Saturdays, and two changes of programme each week.
By 1928, H.J. Scard Jr was the owner, and the name had been shortened to the Palace Cinema.
When the talkies arrived, a Western Electric(WE) sound system was installed. By 1934, the Palace Cinema was officially owned by Scard’s Cinema Ltd.
The Palace Cinema appears to have led a rather uneventful life under that ownership. Its final appearance in the Kinematograph Year Books was in 1957, so it is assumed it closed around that time.
It is not known what uses, if any, the building went over to, and it is not for certain whether it has been demolished.
However, Google Street View did not produce a likely looking building - and there is a retirement housing complex called Palace Court on Robert Street, which could be the site of the Palace Cinema. Hopefully another contributor will be able to clarify this.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.