1-3 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Film Location
Located in Acton, west London, almost opposite the former Dominion Cinema. The former Railway Tavern is an attractive building built in Victorian times in 1868. On 18th September 1980 the Film Location opened in part of the building with its entrance on the left-hand side of the building. It had 100-seats and projection was by video. It was operated by Transworld Communications and possibly had a short life. It last operated as the Acton Screen and closed in August 1989.
In 1992 it was operating as a comedy club. In later years the pub was re-named The Captain Cook and closed in the mid-2000’s. The building was then used as a 470-capacity nightclub, under various names: Club Libertaire, West Couture Club & Lounge, Euphoriom and last named 808 London. By April 2019 the former pub was vacant and boarded up, while the two upper floors had been converted into 9 flats.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
This became the Acton Screen which ran an art house rep programme and family films until closure in August 1989. In 1992 it was listed as a comedy club.