10 Horn Lane,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Acton Cinematograph Theatre, Kinema, Carlton Cinema
Located in the west London district of Acton. Opened as the Acton Cinematograph Theatre on 26th December 1909. It was in a typical style of an early cinema building and boasted two projectors, a small orchestra, a piano and even a small organ to accompany the silent films. Seating was on a single floor with no balcony.
By 1913 it was known as the Acton Kinema Theatre, a name shortened to Kinema by 1922 which it retained until 1930 when it was wired for sound and under new owners re-named Carlton Cinema.
It change owners again in 1937 and was re-named Rex Cinema and was closed in around 1943. The frontage of the building was altered and only the depth and shape of the auditorium part of the building gave a hint to its previous cinematic use. The building was used as offices for Barrett Maintainance Services Ltd. It was demolished in 2007, and housing built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.