313 Allegheny Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Manos Amusement Inc.
Previous Names: Lyric Theatre, Manos Theatre
The Lyric Theatre launched on Allegheny Street on August 26, 1916 by C.L. Koller with Mary Ryan in “Stop Thief!” The Lyric Theatre competed with the Logan Theatre as the town’s two silent theatres. Koller sold the venue to operators Steve Chingos and Peter Chroukas in 1920 and they vanquished the competing Logan Theatre in 1923/4.
In December of 1929, the Lyric Theatre was heavily refurbished adding sound and became the “all new” Grand Theatre. Chingos and Chroukas sold the theatre to the Manos Theatre Circuit on May 1, 1937 and it was closed. It became a furnishing & appliance store from 1937 to 1957.
The Grand Theatre reopened on October 2, 1957 with John Payne in “Bail Out at 43,000 Feet” & Robert Wagner in “A Kiss Before Dying”. In 2020 it is in use as a sporting goods store named The Locker Room.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.