Everton Palace Cinema
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Captain Fred Campbell
Firms: Campbell & Fairhurst
Previous Names: Everton Electric Palace
Situated in the Everton district of Liverpool, at the junction of Heyworth Street and Rupert Lane, the Everton Electric Palace opened on 28th September 1912. The building cost £6,000, and there were 900 seats.
In 1921 the name was changed to the Everton Palace. Talkies arrived on 9th June 1930 with the installation of a British Thomson-Houston(BTH) sound system and a screening of “The Girl from Havana”, starring Lola Lane and Paul Page.
The 1953 Kinematograph Year Book records the seating capacity as 1,040. CinemaScope presentations began on 30th June 1955 with “River of No Return”, starring Marilyn Monroe and Robert Mitchum. Despite increased competition, the Everton Palace Cinema continued presenting almost entirely single feature programmes, at 2.15pm and 6pm, until its eventual closure on 12th March 1960, with “Idle on Parade”, starring William Bendix.
The building was later demolished as part of a wider redevelopment scheme.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.