Mere Lane Picture House
68 Mere Lane,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Everton district in the northeast of Liverpool. The Mere Lane Picture House was opened on 4th November 1916 with “Infidelity”, and was operated by the local Liverpool based W. Gordon circuit. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels.
In May 1931 it was taken over by the Regent Theatres circuit (part of Associated British Cinemas(ABC)). In 1934 it became part of the local Regent Enterprises Ltd. circuit. In March 1938, they were taken over by the W. Southan Morris chain of S.M. Super Cinemas, who were eventually taken over in 1954 by the Newcastle based Essoldo chain in October 1954.
The Mere Lane Picture House was closed on 14th September 1963 with Anthony Quinn in “Barabbas”. It was converted into a Top Flight Bingo Club. Later becoming a snooker hall, then in 1992 a sports centre. It has last been in use as the Mere Lane Social Club into the 2000’s, but this had closed by 2007, and the building was ‘For Sale’ or ‘To Let’. In 2014 the building stands unused.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.