643 Old Post Road,
3 people favorited this theater
Bedford Playhouse (Official)
Functions: Movies (First Run)
News About This Theater
The Bedford Playhouse was opened on April 30, 1947 by the defunct Metropolitan Playhouses Chain, which had several theatres throughout the NY-NJ-CT area (most of which are still open!). The lobby is all original, except for the addition of a concession stand.
Operated by United Artists until 1981. It was then taken over by an independent operator. The 500-seat auditorium was split into two in May 1983, and each side still has a portion of the balcony open to sit in. The balcony is at ground level, and guests must walk downstairs to gain access to the orchestra section. There are still some original decorative touches in the auditorium, and the small stage survives behind the screens. In 1996 it was taken over by Clearview Cinemas.
It was taken over by Bow-Tie Cinemas in June 2013. It was closed on January 4, 2015. It was reopened in Summer of 2018 and now has three screens with a total capacity of 248-seats.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.