243 E Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Martial Arts School
No theaters found within 30 miles
This theatre appears on the 1911 Sanborn, in the southern storefront of a three-story building on the corner. The building was constructed sometime before 1893, when the map shows it with a hall on the third floor, but a note of ‘No Scenery’. There were offices on the second floor, and storefronts on the first. On the 1904 map, the future Arcade Theatre space is a carriage repository.
By 1898, the third floor had become Garthwait’s Theatre. By the time ‘Motion Pictures’ appear, the third floor has reverted to use as a hall. The Arcade Theatre remained in operation as a movie theatre on the 1932 map, the last available. At some point, most of the third floor was removed, and both sections received post-war slipcovers. These have only recently been removed, and the ground floor is home to a martial arts studio.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.