Stinson Memorial Theater
W. Nelson Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
This theater, on the grounds of what is now a VA hospital, was constructed in 1891 with funds donated by James Stinson. The facility was then known as the Marion Branch of the National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers, and cared for Civil War veterans.
The theater seats 110 in the main seating area, and 30 in the balcony. The building itself is a three-story structure in yellow brick with an ornate front porch and short towers at the front. It is much larger than the capacity would suggest, but the multitude of windows on the sides suggest that the theater space is a small one in the interior of the building.
The theater is first noted as showing movies on the 1920 map. It was still in use when the NRHP listed the entire site in 1999, but it is unclear whether it is used as a theater today.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.