Luminor Hotel de Ville
20 rue du Temple,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Luminor Hotel de Ville (Official)
Previous Names: Cine Hotel-de-Ville, Cinewma LeMarais, Latina, Nouveau Latina
Located in the trendy (and nowadays gay) Marais district beside the Hotel-de-Ville in north central Paris. The Cine Hotel-de-Ville was opened in 1913. It had 700-seats with seating in orchestra and balcony levels. On 3th September 1964 it was renamed Cinema Le Marais, becoming an art house cinema. In October 1967 the balcony seating area was converted into a 4-lane bowling alley with an art gallery and bar. The remaining orchestra seating area had 220-seats. The bowling alley was not a great success and closed in 1974 and was converted into two auditoriums equipped with 16mm and 8mm projectors, becoming a 3-screen cinema.
In 1984 it was taken over by new operators and converted into a twin screen cinema with one of the small screening rooms converted into a restaurant. It was renamed Latina. In 1996 the façade was modernised. In 2008 it was renamed Nouveau Latina (New Latina) and in June 2014 it presented Le Festival de Film de Fesses, an erotic film festival. On 11th-17th November 2014 it presented the first Marais LGTB Film Festival.
On 18th November 2014 it was renamed Luminor Hotel de Ville. All films are screened in their original language with French sub-titles. It is a member of the Europa Cinemas Group of art house cinemas.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.