King Cal Drive-In

2611 N. Bluff Street,
Fulton, MO 65251

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Additional Info

Previously operated by: Commonwealth Theaters Corp., Wehrenberg Theatres

Previous Names: Fulton Drive-In

Nearby Theaters

King Cal Drive-In

Opened as the Fulton Drive-In on June 16, 1950 with John Wayne in “Tycoon”. In May 1956 it was taken over by Commonwealth Theatres. In May 1964 it was renamed King Cal Drive-In. The car capacity was 400 and the drive-in was operated by Wehrenberg Theatres. The King Cal Drive-In closed in 1985.

Contributed by Chris1982

Recent comments (view all 7 comments)

jwmovies on December 6, 2016 at 6:09 am

Now Kingdom Products, Inc.

The address for this Drive-in is 2611 N Bluff St, Fulton, MO 65251.

Please update.

MichaelKilgore on June 7, 2019 at 1:48 pm

The May 6, 1950 issue of BoxOffice reported, “FULTON, MO. – The 400-car drive-in being constructed by Don Fikes and his nephew Kenny Fikes on Route 54 near here will open early in June, unless weather interferes.” And the June 24 issue confirmed that the Fulton “was opened recently.”

davidcoppock on June 7, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Was there someone called King Cal?

MichaelKilgore on January 13, 2020 at 4:15 pm

In the May 26, 1956 issue, one of the typical managerial rotation notes in Boxoffice mentioned that the Fulton Drive-In had been “recently acquired by Commonwealth.”

50sSNIPES on March 5, 2024 at 12:31 pm

The actual grand opening date is June 16, 1950 with John Wayne in “Tycoon” with no extra short subjects. Unlike most drive-in openings, the Fulton Drive-In opened while the theater was still under construction.

Kenmore on March 5, 2024 at 6:14 pm

Despite all the newer buildings on the property, the projection booth/concession stand is still present. Plus, a few partial ramps can still be seen on the south side of the projection booth/concession stand.

50sSNIPES on April 10, 2024 at 11:18 am

It was renamed King Cal Drive-In in May 1964. I can’t find any evidence about the theater being known as the Little Dixie Drive-In. It was still named Fulton Drive-In in 1963 and was renamed the King Cal at the start of the 1964 season.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.