Picturedrome (II)

106 Mountpottinger Road,
Belfast, BT5 4LP

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 3 comments

Biffaskin
Biffaskin on July 2, 2023 at 9:25 am

Prior to demolition for the new Picturedrome on the site, additions were made to the cinema in 1928, alterations in 1930, and finally, reconstruction after a fire, with a shelter for waiting patrons, all done by the architect Robert Sharpe Hill. The reconstruction that followed in 1934 were to the plans of John McBride Neill in a superb art-deco style.

popcorn_pete
popcorn_pete on April 28, 2019 at 8:52 am

Earlier cinema opened 25 February 1911, new one opened 12 November 1934, closed 30 May 1970.

Philip Picturedrome
Philip Picturedrome on April 9, 2017 at 4:32 am

Campbell & Fairhurst were originally based in Southport before moving to Liverpool.