22 Bury Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Star Cinemas
Previous Names: Royal Pavilion Picture House
Located in Rawtenstall, south of Burnley, Lancashire. The Royal Pavilion Picture House was opened in August 1911 with 740 seats. It had a 27 feet wide proscenium. In 1925 it was equipped with a Jardine organ which had 20 stops, which was opened by organist Norman Cocker.
Around 1930 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system and was re-named Pavilion Cinema. The seating capacity was also increased at this time, possibly by the installation of a balcony?
In December 1960 it was taken over by the Leeds based Star Cinemas chain. From around 1963 it operated as a part-time bingo club, with films on other nights. Soon bingo proved to be more popular, and films ended. Bingo has since ceased, and from at least 2009, the building has been a carpet store for Rossendale Carpets Ltd.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.