204 N. Mauvaisterre Street,
3 people favorited this theater
Eisentraut Theatres (Official)
Operated by: Eisentraut Theatres
Firms: Boller Brothers
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Previous Names: Fox Illinois Theatre
Originally the Grand Opera House of 1892 stood on this site. It began screening movies in the 1920’s and was renamed Illinois Theatre in 1927. Operated by Fox Theatres Corporation it was closed in early-1938 and was demolished.
A new Illinois Theatre designed by the Boller Brothers was built and opened on March 9. 1939 with Lorretta Young in “Wife, Husband and Friend”. Again it was managed by Fox Theatres Corp.
In the 1970’s it was taken over by Kerasotes Theatre and was twinned. It was being operated by an independent operator in 2008, screening first-run features. A third screen was created in the former balcony, and the cinema is equipped with digital projection. In 2015 it was converted into a 5-screen theatre. In December 2018 it was taken over by Eisentraut Theatre
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.