99 boulevard Saint-Germain,
No one has favorited this theater yet
UGC France (Official)
Operated by: UGC
Architects: Eugene Vergnes
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Danton-Palace, Danton
Located in the Latin Quarter to the south (Left Bank) of the River Seine in the city centre. The Danton-Palace was opened on 11th November 1920, and with its 1,200 seats in stalls and dress circle levels, it was the largest cinema in the Latin Quarter district. The Danton-Palace had an orchestra and an organ, which had its pipes located on each side of the proscenium. In the 1950’s, the cinema was renovated, and the exterior was covered with metal sheeting, the screen was enlarged to accommodate CinemaScope and the organ ‘disappeared’. It then operated as the Danton.
In 1977 it was taken over by UGC and the cinema was converted into four screens. Seating is provided for 330 in screen 1, 110 in screen’s 2 & 3 and 90 seats in screen 4.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.