Theatre Le Temple
18 rue de Faubourg-du-Temple,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Consortium, Templia, Action Republique, Cinematheque Francaise, Reflet Republique
Originally the site of a circus, the Consortium Cinema was built in 1912 and had 500 seats. It was later re-named Templia. It operated as a neighborhood cinema for many years, and was renovated in the 1930’s.
In 1969 it was taken over by the Action chain and became a fringe cinema, screening independent films and was re-named Action Republique. The 1930’s decoration was covered or removed, and the auditorium painted black. The seats were a bright green and the lamps were made of stove pipes.
It was later operated as Reflet Republique. From 1993 to September 1997 it was the Cinematheque Francaise. It then became an ‘Alternative’ cinema and was closed in April 2003. Next it was the Theatre Le Temple which also screened children’s films.
Today it operates as a rock concert venue named Gibus.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.