No one has favorited this theater yet
Festival Hall (Official)
Previously operated by: Marks Circuit Cinemas
Architects: Joseph G. Gomersall
Firms: Belshaw & Gomersall
Functions: Community Arts Center, Medical Center
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Assembly Rooms, Regal Cinema
Located in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, to the south of Wilmslow. The Regal Cinema was built and opened in 1927 as the Assembly Rooms in 1927. It was a project of H. Brooks of the Carlton Cinema, Stockport to accommodate the new Alderley Edge Music Festival which was started by Philip Godlee who lived nearby at The Meadows, Riley Lane. By 1944, it was part of the Marks Circuit Cinemas. It was soon after operated by Cowley Entertainments Ltd. of Swadlincote. It was closed in the early-1960’s.
Now operating as the Festival Hall, a community arts centre using the auditorium. The front of the building and original entrance are used as a medical centre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
Just to clarify: The Alderley Edge Medical Centre occupies the front of the building, while the Festival Hall is housed in the former cinema auditorium, with access from the right hand side.