Bondi Beach Kings Theatre
1 person favorited this theater
Architects: Guy Crick
Styles: Art Deco
Located in famous Bondi Beach district of Sydney on Campbell Parade (opposite Bondi Beach) and the corner of Roscoe Street. Another recognizable cinema in Kings Theatres chain. It started life as a dance hall in 1924, known as the Casino-De-Luxe Palais. It was damaged by a fire in 1929. It was re-built as the Rex Dance Hall.
It was converted into the Kings Theatre to the plans of architect Guy Crick, opening on 5th November 1937. There was 814 seats in the stalls and 292 seats in the circle.
The Kings Theatre was closed on 12th September 1968 with Rosalind Russell in “Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows”. The building was sold in 1970, and was leased to the Hakoah Eastern Suburbs Soccer Club. It then became the Creole Disco. It was severely damaged by fire, then after standing derelict for several years, it was demolished in 1983.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.