73 Bradford Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Venue 73 (Official)
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Ritz Cinema
Located in the small West Yorkshire town of Brighouse at the corner of Bonegate Road and Bradford Road. The Ritz Cinema was built for and operated by the Union Cinemas chain. It opened on 15th March 1937. Seating in the auditorium was on a stadium plan, with a raised stepped section at the rear.
Union Cinemas were taken over by the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain in October 1937. They closed the Ritz Cinema on 24th June 1961.
It was converted into a bingo club, which only lasted for ten weeks. It then became the New Ritz Ballroom. A 3Manual/10Ranks Wurlitzer organ was installed. The instrument was originally installed in the Gaumont Oldham, prior to its removal in 1961. The Wurlitzer was a popular feature of the Ritz Ballroom for many years, but it was removed quite recently (around 2009?).
In 2017, due to a naming dispute with the Ritz Hotel, London, the Ritz Ballroom was closed. It reopened later in 2017 renamed Venue 73.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.