No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Rank Organisation
Architects: F. Gibberd
Functions: Office Space
Styles: Streamline Moderne
The Regal Cinema was the first post-World War II cinema to be constructed in England. It was designed to be either a factory unit or a cinema, by the Harlow Development Corporation architect F. Gibberd, and was located on the Templefields Industrial Estate in Harlow New Town.
The Regal Cinema opened on 8th August 1952 with Michael Dennison in “Angels One Five”. It was the first cinema in the newly constructed town. All seating was on a single floor. It was taken over by the Rank Organisation on 28th February 1955, although it was never re-named Odeon.
The Regal Cinema was closed on 30th January 1960, and the staff were transferred to the new Odeon Harlow, which opened on 1st February 1960. The Regal Cinema was converted into a factory, known as Regal Works. Since 2003, it has been converted into offices, known as Regal House.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.