25 Mincing Lane,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Jacksons' Amusements, Ltd.
Functions: Pool Hall
Previous Names: Central Hall Cinema, New Central Hall Cinema
Previous to 1900 the site at the corner of Mincing Lane and Mill Lane had housed a temporary circus, known as Ohmy’s Circus. The New Central Hall was built and opened in April 1900, and was used as a roller skating rink until November 1909, when it was converted into the 1,000-seat Central Hall Cinema.
Altered and enlarged to 1,372 seats in 1923, it was re-named New Central Hall Cinema. The proscenium was 20 feet wide, later enlarged to 22 feet.
The Central Cinema was closed in January 1957. It went into other uses (unknown). Then in 1974, it was renovated and was converted into a Walkers Bingo Club, which remained open until at least 1995. It recently operated as a Riley’s American Pool and Snooker Club until early-2009. In November 2009 after a refurbishment, it re-opened as the VIP Snooker Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.