Tamarack Cafe and Moviehouse

153 Route 28,
Inlet, NY 13360

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

DavidZornig on February 21, 2019 at 11:21 am

1945 postcard added via John de Sousa. Gaiety Theatre vertical sign on left.

CSWalczak on October 27, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Status should be changed to closed; the last films were shown on Labor Day weekend in 2012. The owners plan to demolish the theater and build an amusement arcade, miniature golf course, and a restaurant on the site.

According to this article about the closing, the theater actually opened in 1926 and operated as an open air theater for the summer of 1943 after a roof collapse in the winter of 1942-43.