San Juan de Letran 107-109,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Francisco J. Serrano
Styles: Art Deco
Opened 8 June 1942 with Tyrone Power in “Son of Fury”, the architect was Francisco J. Serrano. The 2,680-seat Cine Teresa was a reconstruction of the original 1924-built Cine Teresa which had 3,105 seats.
It had a striking plain facade, which had ribbed bands on each side of the lower half. There was a central recessed area which held the display titles for the films, above which was the name ‘Teresa’, which was replicated in a large vertical sign.
Inside the auditorium, there were troughs in the ceiling, containing concealed lighting, and there were seven relief panels of human figures across the top of the proscenium. An unusual feature was the position of the projection booth, which was in a cut-away section at the front of the balcony. In 1971, it was listed with a seating capacity of 2,583.
In 1999, there was proposals to renovate the Cine Teresa. Last used for screening movies and for special events. The proposed renovation never happened, and it was gutted in 2011. The building now serves as an indoor mall selling mobile phones.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.