Village Jam Factory
500 Chapel Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Village Cinemas (Official)
Operated by: Village Theatres
Architects: Tibor Hubay
Located in the bustling Melbourne suburb of South Yarra. The Village Jam Factory is a sprawling multiplex continuing two units located on the first floor of a former jam factory building. The building was first opened in 1874 when the Victoria Preserving Company began operations. It continued as a jam factory until 1970, last operated by IXL (Henry Jones). In 1979 it was converted into a shopping mall.
When the Village Cinemas opened in the building on 23rd November 1995, it had 8-screens. On the 15th October 1998, a further 6-screens opened, including 3 Cinema Europa ‘art house’ cinemas. The main concourse of the shopping centre serves as the foyer and box office to the cinemas, which are reached via a grand staircase on each side of the concourse. There is a movie theme throughout the building featuring robotic replicas, artworks of famous movie stars and displays from adventure movies.
On 17th December 1998, an 18-seat ‘Gold Class cinema opened in what had previously been a preview theaterette.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.