Ward Road and Juppe Road West,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Statford Palladium
Located in Stratford, east London. Converted from a factory building by a Mr C. Parsons, the Stratford Palladium opened as a cinema on 13th December 1913. In 1923, alterations were made by architect A. Smith and the seating capacity was increased to 950. The cinema was operated by George Smart.
It then went through several owners and in April 1930, noted cinema architect George Coles was employed to make improvements and alterations to install sound equipment and improve the stage facilities. George Smart took control again in 1931 and he closed the Stratford Palladium on 5th June 1931 to enable a modernisation scheme on its exterior by architect C. Brett.
It re-opened as the Trocadero Cinema on 14th March 1932. Closed again from 27th June 1936 until 12th November 1936. It was re-opened but closed forever in 1938.
The building was eventually demolished in the early-1960’s in a total redevelopment of the area. An office building now stands on the approximate site, which today is located at the junction of Ward Road and Juppe Road West.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.