270 Tremont Street,
19 people favorited this theater
Boch Center (Official)
Architects: Clarence H. Blackall
Styles: French Renaissance
Previous Names: Metropolitan Theatre, Music Hall, Wang Center for the Peforming Arts
The Metropolitan Theatre was opened by Publix Theaters Corporation on October 17, 1925 with Adolphe Menjou in “The King on Main Street” and a stage presentation “The Melting Pot”. From 1962 to 1980 it was operated by Sack Theatres and renamed Music Hall. In recent years it has been renamed the Wang Theatre, and along with the Shubert Theatre, the two theatres operated by the non-profit Wang Center for the Performing Arts has been converted into a grandiose performing arts center that, until spring of 2005, delighted movie audiences with ocasional showings of classic films.
A theatre whose beauty is really the ‘big’ thing, the Wang Theatre has state-of-the-art sound technology along with beautiful decorations and gold plated figures. It also features a large stage, with the auditorium containing a 1,500 seat balcony, a mezzanine, and 20 box seats along its edge.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.