No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: A. Hargreaves
Previous Names: Cinema
Located in Bexleyheath, which today has been incorporated into the Greater London area. The Cinema opened in 1913, and was operated by Bexleyheath Cinemas Ltd. Seating was provided for 550 on a single floor and the proscnium was 22 feet wide and there was a 14 feet deep stage.
It was re-named Broadway Cinema in around 1919 and in around 1930, it was enlarged to a seating capacity of 713 and was equipped to screen sound films. The Broadway Cinema was never equipped to screen CinemaScope films and it was closed on 28th July 1956 with Kenneth Moore in "Genevieve" and Dirk Bogarde in "Doctor in the House".
The building was converted into a Tesco supermarket, and was last operated by Kwik Save. By October 1998, it had been converted into a pub, known as the Rat and Parrot. The false ceiling which had been erected by the supermarket was removed to reveal the original barrel vaulted cinema ceiling. By 2003, there had been 3 shootings in the pub and there were calls for it to be closed down. In the summer of 2006, over 500 football fans rioted in the building during a live screening of a World Cup football match, and the polce had to close the pub down. It has since re-opened under new management as the Ivory Lounge. This has since closed and by September 2019 the auditorium has been demolished? or remodeled? to become a Cantonese restaurant named Real China. In the late spring of 2021 it re-opened as the Elegance Lounge.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.