456 Dean Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Regent Cinemas, Albury (Official)
Architects: Louis Harrison
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Regent Theatre, Village Twin
Regent Theatre was opened on 14th January 1927 with Marion Davies in “Beverley of Granstark”. Seating was provided for 1,374 in stalls and circle levels. It was equipped with a large fully working stage and two dressing rooms. It was surrounded on two sides by eight retail shop units. Not specifically designed for Hoyts Theatres Ltd., it was soon leased to them. It is listed in 1951 as being operated by Hoyts Theatres Ltd. with a seating capacity of 1,164.
Operated by the Village Roadshow chain in the 1970’s, the Regent Theatre remained a single screen cinema into the early-1980’s, and was then twinned and re-named Village Twin. In 1995, eight additional screens were added on the right-hand side of the building. The main No 1 original screen remains unouched, and is Listed as part of the Heritage Trust of Australia.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.